The Adoption Process
The Adoption
Process
You will be given lots of information about the
process, including rough timescales, from the agency you choose. The process may vary
slightly between authorities and organisations; however it generally looks
something like this:
1.Initial information sharing
2. Stage One: Registering and checks
3. Training
4. Stage two: The assessment
5. Approval Panel
6. Linking and Matching
7. Child Appreciation Day (often if older child or
sibling groups)
8. Matching panel
9. Introductions
10. Placement
11. Court
12. Post Adoption
Go to the official government site for more
information:
As my blog progresses I will go through each of the
various stages, drawing on my personal and professional experiences of the
process. Before I do I think it is important to note that I am a children’s
social worker, my core role is to support children with a plan of adoption and
their transitions into adoptive placements. I am not involved in the Recruitment
and Assessment of adopters, therefore pre-placement blogs will be mainly from personal
experience.
Comments
Post a Comment